Enhancing your Click & Collect strategy
by The team at Viare on March 15, 2023
Tips on how to improve your Click & Collect sales
As part of your strategy to remain competitive in what's a fast-growing and demanding industry, you've implemented Click & Collect. Smart move! Among our customers, we've noted that Click & Collect sales average 30% to 40% of online sales, with the best in class now pushing upwards of 60%.
Now that you've got it up and running, it's time to really leverage its power and potential. In this blog, we'll discuss:
- Click & Collect benefits for businesses and consumers
- Why do Click & Collect implementations fail?
- How to improve your Click & Collect strategy
- How Viare can help improve Click & Collect processes
If you’re after more tried-and-true tips for getting the most out of your Click & Collect investment download our Click & Collect eGuide.
Click & Collect benefits - a win-win for you and your customers
There's no doubt that Click & Collect benefits both a business and its customers; businesses generate more opportunities to upsell while reducing shipping and warehousing costs and customers gain a greater level of flexibility and convenience.
How Click & Collect benefits businesses
Your business will benefit from an increase in sales and reduction of costs, because when you offer your customers the option to pick up their products in-store, you can encourage them to make additional purchases while they're there. Our data shows that anywhere from 25% to 50% of customers when collecting will buy something else while they're in the store. It's a great way to increase sales and boost revenue. Additionally, Click & Collect can help to reduce your delivery and shipping costs.
How Click & Collect benefits customers
Your customers love Click & Collect because you're providing them with flexibility and convenience. They can shop from the comfort of their own homes, without having to worry about delivery times or shipping costs. They can also choose when and where they want to pick up their products, which allows them to better manage their schedules. It's a great way to enhance the customer experience, which means they're likely to remain loyal to you.
Why do Click & Collect implementations fail?
While Click & Collect is undoubtedly successful for many businesses, there are instances where it may fail to meet the expectations of both you and your customers. Some of the most common reasons and pain points include:
- Poorly designed website or mobile app - this makes it hard for customers to find what they're looking for. If the checkout process is complicated or confusing, customers may just click away.
- Inadequate inventory management - this leads to an inability to fulfill orders in a timely manner, resulting in frustrated customers who are unable to pick up their orders as expected.
- Lack of communication - this leads to a loss of trust and confidence in the Click & Collect process. For example, if a customer is not informed that their order is ready for pick up, they may assume that it's not available and go elsewhere.
- Inefficient pickup process - if this is slow or disorganised, customers may become frustrated and lose patience. Long wait times or confusion about where to go to pick up their order results in a negative customer experience.
- Limited or inconvenient pickup locations - this can discourage customers from using Click & Collect. They may choose to shop elsewhere or opt for home delivery instead.
What it comes down to is that if you can address these issues and provide a seamless and convenient experience, your Click & Collect investment is far more likely to pay off. Let's look at how to achieve Click & Collect success.
Improving your Click & Collect strategy
We've outlined typical Click & Collect challenges above. Here's how to overcome them:
- Improve website design - create a user-friendly, mobile-friendly website - or mobile app - that's easy to navigate and provides clear information about products, prices, and availability. Streamline the checkout process to make it as simple and efficient as possible.
- Optimise inventory management - the right software will allow you to track your stock levels and ensure that you have the products your customers want in stock. The right order management system will also help you to establish effective processes for restocking and fulfilling orders.
- Enhance communication - a purpose-built order management system will offer email, text messages, or push notifications to keep customers informed about the status of their orders. It will also provide clear instructions for pickup and offer customer service support to address any questions or concerns that customers may have.
- Streamline pickup processes - it's essential to establish a well-organised and efficient pickup process to minimise wait times and improve the overall customer experience. With the right tech on board, you can offer self-service kiosks or mobile check-in to make the pickup process even more convenient.
- Expand pickup locations - offering multiple pickup locations, including in-store, curb-side, and locker options, gives your customers more flexibility and convenience. You could also partner with third-party pickup providers to expand your reach and offer even more pickup locations.
Implementing these tips will improve your Click & Collect customer experience. You'll see the results in increased customer loyalty and higher sales revenue.
How Viare has helped improve Click & Collect ordering
We mentioned the importance of having the right technology on board. Without it, you won't fully realise the potential of Click & Collect or offer your customers the best experience possible. What this means is that having a modern order management system is a key element if you are serious about Click & Collect.
Viare is a comprehensive solution designed to assist retailers at all stages of the Click & Collect process. With its flexible system, retailers can test various features and processes in an iterative manner. During the test and learn phase, a new feature can be introduced to a select few stores before being scaled up to the entire network.
Our team also includes fulfillment experts with years of experience in running and optimising retail operations. These professionals support our clients in achieving meaningful outcomes on their own journey towards success. We strive to provide our clients with the necessary tools and expertise to enhance their Click and Collect services and improve their overall customer experience. For example:
- A large New Zealand-based homewares retailer was looking to get more from their digital channel and identified that integrating with physical stores was key. Our order management system integrated with those stores by offering Click & Collect. Get all the details here.
- Briscoes, Rebel Sport and Living & Giving are complex retail businesses running brands with several websites and disparate stores. Discover how Click & Collect enhanced their customer experience.
- A New Zealand-based franchised retailer navigated the challenges of the digital age - specifically order allocation and fulfilment - by introducing Click & Collect. Check out the full story.
You know that Click & Collect is a popular option for your customers as it provides them with flexibility and convenience However, poorly designed websites or mobile apps, inadequate inventory management, lack of communication, inefficient pickup processes, and limited pickup locations can lead to Click & Collect implementation failure. By improving website design, optimising inventory management, enhancing communication, streamlining pickup processes, and expanding pickup locations, your business can improve its Click & Collect customer experience. For that, a modern order management system is essential.
Keen on learning even more about Click & Collect? Download our comprehensive Click & Collect eGuide.
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think